MISD plans summer school, free meals
Mexia Independent School District is offering summer school on a limited basis and free meals for anyone under age 18 as the summer begins and the district shortens its hours.
School board members at their May 20 meeting approved offering summer school, limited due to a shortage of funds, on the following basis:
• High School – Students attempting credit recovery, June 10-27, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Junior High – Retainees and eighth-graders who need to retest, June 10-27, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Intermediate – Retainees and fifth-graders who need to retest, June 10-27, 8 a.m.-noon.
• Elementary – Retainees, June 10-27, 8 a.m.-noon.
• Elementary – LEP Summer School for kindergarten and first grade, June 10-July 3, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
• Elementary and junior high special education students, June 10-July 3, 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Summer school is only Monday through Thursday of the dates specified. Transportation is available only for special education students.
There will be a free summer meal program, no strings attached, serving breakfast and lunch for free to anyone up to age 18.
To read more, pick up a copy of Tuesday's The Mexia News, or subscribe to our e-edition.